Friday, February 20, 2009

Back from first radiation treatment

First round went fine. Mom has of course been deemed the sweetest patient anyone could have from every nurse or doctor she meets. Dr. Patel said that he hopes that she will begin seeing some improvement by tomm. night. We are scheduled for another treatment tomm. morning at 9:00. Dr. Patel made mention that we were taking the situation very well. I just smiled and told him that mom's relationship with her Lord was strong and she was not afraid. He showed a look of admiration that made me swell with pride. Mom has always been able to keep the focus on the father. Another quick note: Mrs. Pam Godwin has been graciously planning different things for us here at the hospital and beyond. I've heard that mom's house is now the new gathering spot for family and friends to come and fellowship with each other. When I told mom this it made her so happy. I told her this was as close everybody could get to all being with you (or at least for you) in one place. Thanks Mrs. Pam. I'll try and get another update tomm. after radiation.

1 comment:

  1. www.myspace/zachneese
    I thought that you guys might like to listen to Faithful God by Zach. It is powerful. He used to be a worship leader in Dothan and is now at Gateway in Dallas. From what I read in the song story this song has a genuine healing anointing on it. We are praying and declaring healing for Vickey.
    Blessings,
    Lisa and Mark Williams

    ReplyDelete