Friday, February 27, 2009

Rough Night

Yesterday was for the most part uneventful for mom. I (Troy) had the chance to visit with so many who love mom, which in and of itself renews my strength. I shouldn't be but I am still amazed at how God sends messages of strength right when you need it. Mine last night was the guest book in the waiting room. It prepared me for what lay ahead that night. At around 3:30am mom woke up suddenly without warning. Kathy, Barbara, and I were by her bed in one leap. Mom was struggling to breathe and was crying for us to help her. I held her hand, put my arm around her, and began to pray. Mom began to cry out for Jesus to come over and over. The nurse was in and was able to calm her down with medication. I share this not to extinguish hope, but to ignite the fire. We are all praying for healing, comfort, mercy, and wisdom. Love is the generator and the Holy Spirit the electricity. May the Holy Spirit electrify your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Troy, Todd & Vickey,
    We are praying fervently for you in Atlanta, along with Christian City Church.
    A big part of the reason I am in a position to believe God is the Smith family; the amount of seed that you guys have in the ground is so tremendous that you can't help but reap a big harvest. Right now, I pray it comes in the form of everything your Mom needs, so we are following your reports. Strength and grace to all of you. We love you.
    Stan & Catherine

    ReplyDelete